In my first blog of the Method I mentioned that there are limitations to what you can do in QuickBooks and that frequently a third-party software package can be the answer. The beauty of Method Integration, if you bump up to their full-blown package, is you can address several different areas of shortcomings in QuickBooks with just one solution and customize to suit your unique business. With the first level , you basically have remote access to QuickBooks which many businesses are looking for. The next level up is Method CRM which gives you sales and case management capabilities. Today I want to begin discussing the full-blown level of Method Integration, which not only gives you remote access and Method CRM, but some industry specific applications. I will focus on two applications that come at this level.
The first one is Method Warehouse. A somewhat weak area in QuickBooks centers around inventory. Method Warehouse includes the following features (this is the short list – there are more):
- You can track multiple inventory locations.
- You have automated bin creation and tracking.
- You can have serial numbers
- You can set alerts for critical levels of inventory.
- Automated transfers can be set to LIFO (Last In First Out), FIFO (First In First Out) or FEFO (First Expires First Out).
Next is Method Field Services. Field service businesses may include pest control, HVAC, plumbing and electrical to name just a few . Here’s a brief list of features:
- Schedule one-time or recurring services .
- Schedule by time of day or route order.
- Work orders can span many days and cross over midnight.
- Print, email and customize work orders and route list.
- Turn work orders into QuickBooks invoices. Invoice one work order at a time or as a batch for a selected date range.
- Group according to crew divisions or tech skill sets.
- Track Customer equipment and serial numbers.
Method also offers three different fee structures depending on if you want concurrent users, named users, or have users who need only a few minutes a day or month; this means you can tailor the fee to suit your needs. I haven’t seen this with other software packages out there. To learn more about these applications, you can go to http://bit.ly/bayEQB.